2022 Member's Meeting Minutes
In two minutes or less explore with the group what your successes (personal or professional) were in the last month. (Check ins by everyone)
Present- Jan, Janice, Joan R, Lori, Sara, McKayla, Bonnie, Kelly, Julie, Lisa, Kayla, Kinzie, DD.
Unpresent- Joan L, Marja, Amber, Diane, Pam, Vi, Jessica, & Rachel.
*NEW: Bonnie introduced herself to the Wellness Collective.
*Lives with her husband and 2 kids 12 and 8.
*Is currently at the NUMC for 19 years and is a LICSW therapist.
*She wants a new adventure from the Wellness Collective and a different space.
*She is working on an Oncology certification now.
* Thinking about mid March to join the Wellness Collective fully.
(If you are unable to attend please write your name here with your check-in so everyone can see what you are up to)
Marja- officially closed Namastream account. Zoom options available for studio classes.
Wellness Collective updates that are informative and keep everyone in the loop with nonprofit activities. Read them before you come, and if you have any questions or there is any need for discussion or vote they are highlighted. Otherwise, onward with the meeting!
- Introduction of Bonnie Fortwengler-Beranek. She is interested in taking over Janice Sellner’s lease and Janice is interested in leasing the nursing room as her Oil Pantry. What month would she like to start?JL (Mid March she is thinking)
- Ashley at Beruck studios has decided to end her contract with us. We still have access to all of our creative content in Airtable and the website. She will finish up this last edition of the Wellspring to hopefully have it printed by the end of the month. Discussion around next steps in dealing with social media, marketing, etc – Table to next month (February)
- 8th and Ash is a local pr company that did Becky Bakes and PHY website. Might be willing to do work for trade……MS
- Please give Lori your updated credentials and insurance for 2022!!!!
- Treasury Report: Nonprofit account: $21,431 Practitioner Checking acct: $7863.75. Janice has volunteered to help Lori do the Quickbooks for the nonprofit and deal with the rent checks every month to take something off my plate. Thank you Janice I love you <3
- Talked about Scholarship Funds for the Wellness Collective. (Get a Well picture again)
- Create a journal (Well-related) – Kinzie
- We have fundraised enough money for an emergency fund and a small down payment that Lori’s inlaws are willing to accept to loan us the money for a mortgage (with current leases in place). Yay! Ideally we are aiming for an early March closing date. I would like this to be a celebration and for everyone to be there for the closing so we can celebrate. Where would we like to do this? To have the Mathiowetz family come and meet all of us.
- I’m getting more calls than usual from groups (NNU, optimist club, student orgs, etc) for people who would like to tour the Well. Just curious if anyone else is interested in hosting these from time to time. The times/days that work for them don’t always work for me. So since I’m doing it for free in order to just get people into the building and better acquainted with our existence, I was hoping maybe others would be willing to do that as well and just show them around and have a general conversation about what we do here, why wellness is important, etc. It usually doesn’t take longer than an hour.
Depending on day and time, I could-MS
- Pam has decided to not be a member of the collective any longer. With Covid she is choosing to stay pretty hunkered down and embrace her new retirement lifestyle. She did say however that she is open to helping us with fundraisers and being a part of anything we would like her help with. I told her we might tap her for our next Collective members retreat to teach us all Tai Chi/Qigong and she was very open to doing that to help us take care of ourselves and practice what we preach (: Namaste Pam.
- MRCI Grant continues with a grant from Allina. Thanks Allina! Let Lori know if you would like to facilitate something for our Thursday group, they are great fun! (:
- Discussion around the Well as a multi-disciplinary wellness center and what the appropriate ratio is of professions under one roof
- 2022 Calendar by PO Box posts what weekends Rachel V works and the opposite weekend that Margaret (the cleaning lady from Buntjer’s Cleaning Service) cleans. If you plan to do a special event on a cleaning weekend, please verify with Buntjer’s cleaning the day/time Margaret should avoid. The phone # is on the January page.
- Vote for Bonnie – Voted: YES!!!!! 🙂 WELCOME BONNIE!!!!!!
- How many people per wellness service to be at the Well?
- Lori – Have a new idea on how to interview a new candidate for the Well.
- Lets make up some interview questions (Everyone and send interview questions to Lori)
- FestiWell?????? TALK ABOUT MONA LENA!
In two minutes or less, share with the group what you need from the Well or from us as individual collaborators to achieve your goals for your practice or class this summer.
We will do this at Mona Lena (:
If you are unable to attend please write your name here with your “ACHIEVE” so everyone can see what you are trying to manifest in the next month!
Marja- hope to drop virtual by summer. But, nice to have the option now. I have class at 5:20, maybe next month you can join Julie’s or my class! 😉